COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet) for a continued period. Spread happens when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, and droplets from their mouth or nose are launched into the air and land in the mouths or noses of people nearby.
People can spread the virus before they know they are sick. It is essential to stay at least 6 feet away from others when possible, even if you—or they—do not have any symptoms. Social distancing is especially crucial for people who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
The droplets can also be inhaled into the lungs. Recent studies indicate that people infected, but do not have symptoms, are likely to play a role in the spread of COVID-19.
Hygiene in Restaurants & Bars
For your health and safety and that of staff, we have implemented the following protocols to maintain hygiene:
- Please keep a physical distance of about 2 meters (6 ft.) from people and groups you are not travelling with.
- Reservations will be taken to manage capacity limits in restaurants.
- Staff will manage physical distancing at entries, waiting-areas, and queues (line-ups).
- The number of bar stools will be reduced, and tables and booths will be spaced to ensure appropriate distancing between guests.
- Line flow will be managed at food pick-up areas.
- Excess furniture in common areas will be removed to ensure physical distancing is maintained.
- Menus will be displayed on chalkboards, or biodegradable, disposable menus will be used. Where not possible, menus will be sanitized after each guest interaction.
- Table appointments will be limited to salt & pepper shakers/grinders and a centrepiece.
- Tables, table appointments, and surroundings will be wiped and sanitized before welcoming and seating the next guests.
- Condiments, sugars, sauces, and meal accompaniments will be brought to the table in single-use, single-serve packaging.
- Cutlery will be provided in a closed, paper sleeve. A napkin will also be provided.
- Bar snacks will be provided in single-portion servings, individually packaged per guest. These snacks will not be shared by those at the table.
- Individual, pre-plated, hot and cold snacks will still be available on all-day dining menus.
- Waiters and staff will keep a physical distance of about 2 meters (6 ft.) in the restaurants and during room service.
- Food and beverage items will be placed on the table instead of handed directly to guests.
- Bars will be staffed to allow for appropriate physical distancing amongst employees, and the seating capacity will be reduced.